Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank You Veterans

armed forces ferret
     Today is Veterans Day to many this may have no meaning to them because they have no idea of the impact these men and women have had on our lives. They think that these warriors are things of the past that should be forgotten.

     There are those that will/would the tragedy of Ft. Hood as an example of why we should be out of different places that different factions think we don’t belong.

     I am not one of them. I am proud of those that decided to sign up an even of those that have been drafted to serve their Country. These men and women may never go on to become the President or achieved some other honor but to me they have achieved the highest honor there is in America.

The status of Veteran.

     I am the child of a Veteran. My adopted bro’s wife is a Veteran. My Cousins are Veterans. My roommate is a Veteran. Many of my friends are Veterans. These are a special breed of people. They chose to give up chunks of their lives for something they believed in.

Freedom.

     That single word has been the foundation of the creation of the United States and many Veterans will tell you how many freedoms we have lost and are still losing today. Many say it is because of indifference.

     Today I salute those that chose to serve with pride and give a heartfelt thanks.
Jo

No comments: