Monday, January 21, 2013

I Have a Dream

 

Today is Martin Luther King Jr. day in the United States he is famous for his 1963 Washington D.C. speech “I have a Dream” given in front of the Lincoln Memorial.

Like Martin Luther King Jr. I also have a dream.

Mine is that California removes its unrealistic ban on ferrets and legalizes their residency.

My dream is that others come to understand ferrets and that all the myths and misconceptions are wiped out.

It is also my dream that all the homeless ferrets find their special forever home and never have to want again

Until then my dream is that all the caring people who foster, shelter, and rescue these wonderful little guys are well funded by those that can help make a difference in the day-to-day operations.

Just one bag of food can help reduce the amount needed.

Just one $10 donation to a vet care fund can pay for a month of medication for those in need of adrenal and insulinoma meds.

Just one case of paper towels, Simple Green, or other cleaning supplies help reduce the outgoing costs that can be spent on the ferrets.

What is your dream?

Have a Chittering Good Day,

Jo

4 comments:

spike_cat said...

An excellent dream.

Unknown said...

A really important dream! I did not know that about California.

Jo said...

A lot of people don't but then most people are still unfamilar with ferrets in general and are under the impression they are wild animals because of the label "Exotic"

Have a Chittering good day,

Jo

MizzBassie said...

I had no idea ferrets were banned in California. How weird. My dream is that all homeless animals find a family to love them and take care of them properly. Big dream, I know. Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrs.